Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Venting

Ok, I've done my best to bite my tongue and let others comments roll off my..belly, but they caught me on a crabby day, so i'm going to have to vent some where. Lucky for you, it's going to be here. Why is it that people think they can say totally rude things to you, simply because you are pregnant and have a legitmate excuse for looking the way you do. I've had a few co-workers say things like, "well I hate to break it to you, but you're getting fat." My response to her was,
"Right back at you." Seriously, who says that to anyone, pregnant or not. The other comments haven't been as rude, but go something like, wow, you're getting big, or, you look miserable. Today's comment was, "that's the biggest I've seen you so far." So for all these people, here is an explanation of how pregnancy evolves.....you start out you're normal size and as the baby grows, SO DOES YOUR BELLY. Here is the kicker, it keeps growing throughout the pregnancy and towards the end, you are more than likely, THE BIGGEST you've been. Pretty simple principle.
It just really bugs me that people think they need to tell you this information, as if you hadn't noticed it looks like you swallowed a watermelon. Maybe they think you sleep all night and don't have to pee every 10 minutes. Or you hadn't noticed your clothes really suck and you wear the same thing over and over. I bet they think you haven't been preparing for this baby, getting her room ready, buying diapers and ridiculously expensive formula. Or maybe you hadn't noticed your ankles have tripled in size and you're not sure where you're bones are hiding under there.

Ok, I almost feel better. A cheeseburger might do the trick, but I'd hate to add to my waistline! ha! So now for the real update from my Dr. appointment yesterday, still not dilating at all. Cervix is closed, but getting softer and thinner and the head is right there waiting! She said it more than likely won't be this week and it was ok to go to Rapid for the weekend. I'll go back next Tuesday to check for any changes again. My Dr. is actually going to be gone for 5 days, right before my due date, so now I'm hoping the baby either comes before she leaves next Friday, or after she returns on the 4th. But I suppose the baby will decide, and I'll have her whenever she so chooses!

1 comment:

  1. isnt it amazing what people feel is ok to say? I remember random people coming up and rubbing my belly too..and say things like "look at that belly!". I wanted to do the same thing back! I think it is HILARIOUS that you said that back to someone! Someone told my sis that her butt was getting really big!!! Just sit on them next time! ha

    ReplyDelete