Monday, June 30, 2014

One day at a time

Is it over yet? I NEVER wish away days in the summer, but man...I am looking forward to July being over and it hasn't even started yet. If the bags under my eyes are any indication...I'm wiped! Taking care of Paisley really isn't that bad, but apparently it is physically exhausting. I made the mistake of taking her and Jayda to the circus on Sunday evening without a stroller, and I am paying for it. Carrying her every where did not turn out so well. They had fun and seem to love it, even though I find it pretty lame! Maybe I was just grumpy that Jed wasn't able to come along and help.

She's still doing good and her pain level is pretty low, so I'm thankful for that. She's getting sick of her leg being bent and finds herself forgetting that she can't do many of the things she wants to do. This coming weekend will be hard, since we will be at the lake and it is supposed to be around 90 degrees. Keeping her cool without being in the water will get tricky.

I moved her appointment to get the shorter cast on, one day sooner! Which is none too soon! This heavy plaster one just plain, sucks!

My own leg hurts a lot more today that it has been. I think it's probably just from carrying Paisley so much yesterday, but I've some serious bruising going on. My leg decided to be patriotic and turn red and blue...I've got the white pasty skin covered. 


Our summer babysitter arrangement is going well. She's such a sweet girl and the girls really like having her there. I feel bad she's having to care for Paisley, but she doesn't seem to mind. Paisley said she took a nap with her last week, so she's getting some good snuggling time in! Wish it was me!

I've had to just take a chill pill on the house and getting the old house cleaned out. Life is just too busy right now to get everything done. I am enjoying that the new house seems to stay cleaner longer, or at least looks cleaner. We still have to find places for a lot of stuff, but the kids rooms are so much better and allow for their things to have happy little homes!

Last week when we were in Rapid we were behind a Merry Maid's car and I made the comment, "wouldn't that suck to have to clean other people's stuff all day?" Then as I heard my words out loud, I thought, oh..wait. Yes...it does suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment