Monday, June 23, 2014

Broken bones

I avoided the topic in my last post, because it was making me sick to my stomach and I was really, really, really hoping it wasn't true. But....

I finally got home Thursday night. I had to ride on a 4-wheeler with a neighbor across a pretty decent size channel of water and it started flowing with the water for a few "oh shit" seconds. Thankfully I weight a lot (only time I'll ever say that) and the 4-wheeler was able to get us across. Then Jed picked me up and home I went to tend to miss Paisley, who slipped on the trampoline and roller her ankle. Friday we were able to build a foot bridge and walk across the Foster rd bridge and take Jed's grandma's car to Faith to get her to a clinic for an x-ray. Turned out her leg is broke in two places, both the tibia and fibula are broke on the lower end, close to her ankle. Tomorrow we will go to Rapid to an Orthopedic Dr to see if she needs screws put in, or if we can just cast it. It's been a long few days for all of us, and her especially. She is really fighting me to take any medication for the pain. I've been slipping it in her juice box and she hasn't noticed so far. We take some at night before she goes to bed, but it wears off and she wakes up around 1 or 2 am in a lot of pain. She's a bit more willing to take the medicine at that time. She's been wanting me to sleep with her, so I haven't been getting much sleep and feeling it! Saturday I talked her into taking a nap with me after lunch and we both felt pretty good after that!

Definitely feeling drained and stressed and of course being in our new house and feeling like we should be doing something or unpacking at every moment, isn't helping. I was able to get the kitchen and living room cleaned out at the old house, so I feel a little better about that. Still have the rest of the rooms  to clean out and find new places for the stuff. Wishing someone could wave a magic wand and it would move itself :(

Please pray that tomorrow goes well, and tonight for that matter. Paisley is being a trooper, but carrying her every where is going to take its toll.

No comments:

Post a Comment