Thursday, April 19, 2012

Random thoughts

So since my sprained ankle incident, I haven't been hitting the exercise very hard. Mainly because it's pretty painful. I've been walking outside when the weather is nice enough, but lately it's been raining almost every evening. I tried to jog once, and it hurt big time, so I stopped immediately. Last night I got out a different Jillian Micheal's DVD I had picked up when I bought the 30 day shred. This one is "No More Trouble Zones," edition. 40 minutes long, several circuits of cardio, weights and abs.

About 20 minutes into it, I had to sit down and stop, I thought I was going to puke! Wow. I'm pretty sure it was mainly the workout, but it might have also been the fact that there was a mirror in front of me while I was working out. Yes...it was a sickening sight.

So after that, I was feeling pretty down. Just tired of food and weight and exercise being a constant thought in my head. And really just wanting to get back to a happy place. Where my weight was under control, and my self control was so much better. Then this morning I stepped on the scale (just like EVERY other morning) and it was DOWN, a WHOLE POUND. That one pound can be so motivating. It makes me believe that the scale does, in fact, work both ways. And most importantly, that I CAN do this. Again. One day at a time. One pound at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment