Jayda experienced her first real road rash accident on Sunday night. I actually took pictures of her knees and then decided they were too gruesome to post. My parenting skills were definitely not being showcased. And if you've ever had a 5 year old, you know how bruised their legs are year-round. I swear I don't beat her, she just has her Dad's athletic ability, apparently! Ha, no way am I claiming her clumsiness.
She was riding her bike with me on a walk up to the mail box. Going up was fine. Coming down......not so fine. It was her first training wheel-less voyage down that hill and, well...you can guess how it ended. About 1.5 seconds after I screamed...."slllllllloooooooooowwwwww dooooooooooooowwwwwn," she wiped out, big time. Then she had to lay there and scream for me, as if I wasn't running as fast as I could anyway. It was a long walk the rest of the way. And bloody.
To make matters worse, she tripped outside last night and ripped the scab off one knee. Again with the bleeding. Again with the tears. Perhaps I should make her wear those knee and elbow pads I bought her with her first bike. Perhaps she should wear them every day, just for walking.
Today she was going to go play kickball at the summer rec program. I think I'll go pick up some bandaids before I head home.
Funny thing is, she has been begging me to go along on my walks, so I FINALLY let her since it was going to be a short one. Upon her return, she said, "I wish I had never went on that walk..." through her tears.
Sham OW! Sorry, couldnt help myself.
ReplyDelete