Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Leavin this town

I guess it's time to address the white elephant in the room. Although not talking about it, is much easier than actually talking about it!

As most of you already know, my sister Tiff and her family are moving to Utah the end of this summer. They will be extremely missed by so many. But I think I speak for everyone when I say we wish them the best there, and hope the transition is easier than what it feels like right now!

I thought I was holding it together pretty good, until this weekend on our drive home. Jayda asked when we were going back down to Rapid again. I told her, "We are going to try to go down for 4 or 5 days next month and spend some time with them.......before they leave." Right as the words "before they leave" escaped my mouth so did the tears from my eyes. I guess saying it out loud finally made it seem real.

So as much as it sucks, it will at least be a good excuse for a vacation! Jayda and I will for sure get some airplane time out of the deal. She really wants to buy their house! She keeps telling me how cool it would be to have an upstairs! ( How pathetic is that!) And she's already called Syd's room.

It's gonna be a hard one... and I hate that Paisley won't even remember them for the most part. And I hate that we won't get to see them as often. But such is life and we'll all make it through....somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment