I'm a week late with this post, but here it is anyway.
We sold calves last Monday and did much better than the year prior. Jed actually came home with a smile on his face and acting slightly giddy. Well . . . giddy for a cowboy.
What a relief. It was our first official year of operating 100% on our own and not running any one else's cows. Everything worked out financially and we'll make another go at it. Jed likes to count his chickens before they hatch, so he keeps assuring me next year is going to be even better. I prefer to wait and see. Never know in this world.
I am pleasantly surprised with the warm weather we are having. I don't ever remember it being 80 degrees on my birthday. But I'll certainly take it! Jed is still trying to get hay hauled. Like I've explained before, these seasons seem never ending at times {haying, hauling hay. .ect.}. Thankfully the weather is cooperating . . . .so far!
So here's to another year of "livin' the dream."
No comments:
Post a Comment