Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stop and smell the roses..and take a picture while you're at it

Lucy meets Jayda, one of my favs

I am not a person who enjoys winter in any way shape or form. However I hear myself saying each day, "I wish I had my camera with!" I don't know if it's just the fact that I love pictures, or if I'm seeing the world in a new way lately. At any rate, I've decided I need to start carrying my camera with me at all times, because I'm seeing some incredibly beautiful things each day that deserve to be captured, at least in print! The moon a few nights ago was incredible as I drove home and it peeked through the power lines (that weren't laying on ground!). The frost this morning on the most perfect tree line, couldn't have painted a prettier picture. Last Friday a herd of AT LEAST 75 deer crossed in front of me. I was in awe, mainly that I didn't hit any of them, but also at how many there were. Truly something you have to capture in a photo to prove just how many there were.

I really think it's God speaking to me each day, giving me photo ops nearly twice a day and waiting for me to listen. I'M LISTENING! I see my signs and I promise I will begin seizing my opportunities. I don't know if these images will lead me somewhere, but I do know they will give me great happiness and enjoyment, as photography is the world I wish I lived in.

So maybe you'll be seeing some neat pictures and maybe not, but I have decided to pull the car over and take the time to enjoy the beauty that I pass by each day.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are taking your camera with you! You do have an amazing gift -- it's an eye to see things with a different perspective and then to capture it for others to enjoy. It IS a gift from God, Tally. "Every good and perfect gift comes from above"...from the Father of Lights. You are being given opportunities. This is One of the ways God speaks to you specifically so take the time to stop & listen. This will take you somewhere. Just take those first baby steps and see where God leads!

    ReplyDelete