Monday, February 22, 2010

Still looking

Sunday we followed through with our goal of finding a church to start attending. We went to a small church in Faith called Bethel Lutheran. They are a free Lutheran church who believes that you are saved not by your baptism or by works, but only by being born again and having a personnel relationship to Jesus Christ. It was a nice service and we know several of the people who attend there. However I'm not sure we'll go back. Nothing personal in nature, I think the pastor was a nice person and did a good job, I'm just not used to the Lutheran structure and find it a little distracting. I grew up in a Church of God and I guess I'm still partial to the simplicity and the lack of "read this" "repeat after me" type of structure.

Both Jed and I agreed that we had hoped for more. More meaning, more intellect, more learning, more of everything we are searching for. Jed said it best, " It wasn't what I was hoping for." And neither was it for me. In fairness we should probably go a few times before we decide to go elsewhere, but I really don't think we need to. I realized that just because I really like a lot of the people who go there, is not enough of a reason to keep going there.

Jayda and Paisley both did really well. Jayda sat with her friends until they moved downstairs with their little brother who was being noisy. I made Jayda stay with us and sit through the service because I think it's important she learns the importance of sitting quietly and being obedient. They have a Sunday school program but it starts before Church and is over before the service begins. Paisley chewed on a teething ring and had a bottle. She was oblivious to the people poking their heads in her car seat to take a peek.

So our search will continue. There is a Faith Christian Center that we will probably try out next.

No comments:

Post a Comment