Paisley is loving her pre-school and feels pretty big! Her teacher was impressed that she knew all her colors and has a pretty good start on the ABC's.
We went to Rapid/Hermosa this past weekend to pick up more house stuff. Jayda also got a new bike. She had outgrown her old one and it's had a flat tire for quite a while. She was pretty excited to be able to ride bikes again with Paisley.
House news: We picked up showers and baths, flooring and 2 more windows. Jed and his dad put the front picture window in on Tuesday. They actually had to cut the window opening so they could get the shower inside, as it was too big to fit through the doorway. (oh darn! There's more than one way to get them to put the dang window in!!)
They are finishing up the steel on the back dormer and finishing the gable end that the two new windows went in. I've ordered and received all of our light fixtures except for the bathroom fixtures.
OH! And my deal of the day story!! I occasionally browse Craigslist on my coffee break just to see if there's anything in the materials section that we might be able to use. I LOVE a bargain, sale, discount...anything that I don't pay retail for, basically! Drives Jed nuts, but we are on a budget here, so too bad! Anyway there was an ad for log jam chink (the white stuff that goes between the logs). So I clicked on it and it happened to be the color we were planning to buy (it comes in about 7 colors), and he had 7 buckets, just one short of what we will need. So I emailed him to see if it was available and he said yes. Then I told him we lived by Faith, but I'd be coming to Rapid sometime soon and could pick it up. He replied that he could just deliver it because he was near Faith, in Bison! HA! HOW crazy! He was working on a job up here and had it left over, so he dropped it off at work today, gave me instructions on how to chink, how to fill the caulk gun (which he threw in for FREE) and offered to sell me log furniture if we need any! The best part is we saved $900!!! Boo-yah! I'm pretty excited about the whole story! My last craigslist attempt didn't workout and really pissed me off, so I'm glad this one went better!
West gable end. This will be a family room above the garage.
Front living room, picture window
No comments:
Post a Comment