Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Continuing the battle

So after my pitty party of feeling defeated and down, I'm happy to report that I've stepped it up and am still trying to win this battle of fatness. Thank you to those who commented or emailed and said you also are feeling frustrated and share this journey with me. It's nice to know I'm not alone and that a few people read my words!

So March 1st I started the 30 day shred (again). Day 1 and day 2 were ok, although on day 2 it really did hurt to do a simple jumping jack (sad). Day 3 I had to let my muscles or lack of rest and just did cardio. The cardio actually felt good and I could tell it loosened up my hamstrings that were oh-so-ouchy. Yesterday was day 4 and surprisingly I could already tell a difference in the workout getting easier to do. Yay for progress.

I also started drinking Advocare Spark energy drink in the morning. It's a vitamin and amino acid supplement, and it actually works. I can sincerely tell a difference in my alertness in the morning after I drink it. You just mix it with water and it tastes good (score). Quite a few people around here use Advocare products and a gal that I follow (http://www.mamalaughlin.com) has started using their products too. I'm not a huge believer in suppliments and meal replacement shakes, but having a boost in the morning has been nice. Plus it eliminates my need for Coke, and makes my Coke not even taste good. WINNING!

Jed has started the advocare 24 day Challenge. Today is day 1, so I don't have much to report on. He will go through a 10 day cleanse, then follow it with 2 other stages. I'm anxious to see how he feels throughout the process.

I am just sticking to my program of counting points and eating more fruits and veggies. I have a fiber one bar for breakfast, an apple at 10am, a smart one meal or a salad for lunch with an orange and try to eat a normal supper that the whole family will eat....just less of it. Lean cuisine came out with a mix to put in with lettuce, and I've been digging those lately. There are a few options to keep things fresh. You just microwave them and toss them in with your lettuce. I like them because every calorie is accounted for and you don't have to guess how many points you dumped on your salad in dressing. (The salad dressing is included).

I also follow this blog http://125.msn.ca/ and really relate to her struggles. She talks a lot about her life in the blog, but her ultimate goal is to get down to 125 pounds. We are around the same size and shape and she also got down to 147 pounds and then gained 30 back. I got down to 152 and gained 20 back. Yup...there's the dirty details. Gross, I know. Stop looking at those numbers. While I have no desire to get to 125, as I'm pretty sure I'd have to starve myself to maintain that, I would be happy with 145. I was happy at 152 really. I'll leave you with this picture that really does put a lot into perspective. We are ALL different! Each of these women weigh 150 pounds! When I was close to 150 at 5'6", I was in a size 8!


No comments:

Post a Comment