hello there old friends! Yes, I'm alive and Yes, I've basically abandoned this poor blog for the summer. Sorry! Life is happening and sometimes it doesn't include time for blogging.
So recap, since the last post...the girls survived a week with my parents. My parents appeared to have survived as well. Paisley has been incredibly clingy ever since that week and will hardly let me out of her sight. So I feel pretty bad about that, and think she probably wasn't quite ready for a whole week away from us. Somehow she'll manage to get over it, I'm certain.
Jayda had two weeks of swimming lessons that she thoroughly enjoyed. She is much more confident and comfortable in the water now and it was very much worth the cost. She did however find out she has 7 cavities. Yes, SEVEN. I know, bad parent award goes to me. Eh, whatever, judge away. I do the best I can. So we had the first 2 fixed yesterday. It sucked, she cried. But we made it through. I had a moment of nearly slapping the sassy dentist lady for her rudeness, then stewed about it the whole way home, and the things I should/would have said to her if given the chance again. Long story short, she was basically making me feel bad for not having Jayda put under (surgery option) and doing all the cavities at once (cost $3000 out of pocket PLUS 20% of dental work = nearly $4000) and instead doing them a couple at a time while she is awake (cost= roughly $800). I'll be requesting a different dentist for next time.
The girls and I spent 4 days in Rapid while Tiff, Syd, Wyatt and Cooper are home for a visit. Had a great few days of pool time and pretending to be tourists. Even though it was during the rally, we made the best of it.
School starts in just 2 weeks. Jayda got her first real hair cut, that her own mother didn't do. She's rocking a cute little bob, and back to school ready. My little Paisley Pie will turn THREE tomorrow! I'd say it's hard to believe, but honestly it's not. It feels like about 3 years since she was born!
Jed's haying again, after being done for about a month. We are waiting on some final paperwork to go through before we can get our logs up here and get started on the house. Waiting game at this point.
I'll be back soon! I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment