I asked Jed to text me a picture of his newly painted pickup.
This is what I got.
He thinks he's so funny.
Then I told him he's not. So send the dang picture.
So here she is!
Little back story on this treasure.
Jed was given the actual pickup when he was about 14 or 15 he thinks. His great uncle "Feathers" gave it to him to work on. Him and his Dad then found an old Nova and used basically every part they could, to restore/fabricate this pickup. It has the motor, seats, and much much more from that Nova. Jed could go into greater detail, and I don't want to screw the whole story up, so I won't. Anyway, so after they got the whole thing put together, they took it to a guy in Lemmon to paint. Jed was a junior in high school by then.
The end.
Ha, so this pickup sat in that guys shop for about 12 years. Yes...YEARS! Last summer Jed finally got fed up and went out to pick it up and get it out of there. Since then he's been asking random places to paint it, without any luck. Everyone is apparently too busy, or just doesn't want to take on such a big project?
Last Monday, Jed called a guy he heard about in Bowman. "Sure', I'll do it." This guy said!
Jed took it up on a Tuesday, and Friday they called to say it was done. YES, DONE!
He's still having a hard time believing it's actually done.
He's got some work to do to the inside and lots of little things to perk up a bit.
But it's DONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment