Friday, July 1, 2011

Peony

These babies (besides my real babies) are my pride and joy this time of the year.
They make my insides smile when I come home from work and see them in their glory!
I know they'll only last a little while, and it'll be a whole 365 days until I see them again,
 but they are worth the wait.
I wish I had timed my wedding around peonies. That's probably the only thing I would change.
 I would have had peonies. And maybe a day cooler than 110, but you can't change the weather.
 So I'll go with the flowers.


I planted these the first summer we moved up here. Little did I know the patience these beauties require. I didn't know they often don't flower at all for 2 years. I didn't know they have to be planted pretty shallow.
I didn't know your husband could whack them off with a weed eater ALL summer, and they would still come back. Better than ever.
See how much they have taught me!
One summer I thought I had planted them too deep, so I dug them up in the fall and proceeded to rip them apart. I was pretty sure I had killed them.
Nope.
Next summer was the first summer they flowered and it was a whole TWO flowers!
Each summer I get a few more and a few more.


Tonight I'll cut them and bring them inside. My house will smell of peonies for a a week!
LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment