Thursday, July 21, 2011

Full Moon

Normally my commute home is rather boring and bland. I listen to the radio and turn it up loud enough that I can't hear Jayda and Paisley scream at other another. I meet 2 or 3 cars, which requires me to move my hand from the bottom of the steering wheel to the top and offer a small wave.

Last night, was slightly more eventful.

I had softball, so I was in the car alone. I pulled out of town and looked down at my speedometer to see if I was about at 70 to set my cruise. Speedometer says.....

95

Gulp? Really? Oh my goodness, was I day dreaming that long? It sure didn't seem like 95. So I slowed way down to 65 and it literally felt like I could run along side the car, FASTER. Hmmm, what's going on here.
{Vrooooom, vrooooom} Two cars fly by me. OK, Something is broken. So I'm putzing along trying to find a happy medium and an SUV flies by, with a rather white butt sticking out the window. Lovely. I'm driving 45 and I just got mooned. Awesome.

Then I come over the hill and drive by Smoky's where I come across 3 crazy people standing in the middle of the highway frantically waving.

Is this a dream? Did I fall asleep? Am I hallucinating?
Still don't know what that was about, because I watch too many dateline specials and I'm too scared to stop for freaks in the middle of the road for the fear that they will hack me into a million pieces and steal my car. (ha jokes on them when they think they are doing 100, and really only going 45mph)

So this morning my broken speedometer was confirmed, when I was behind a coworker who usually drives about 50 and mine said I was going 110. Definitely something slightly OFF.

What a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment