I thought I'd sneak one more post in for 2010 and recap the year we've had.
As always, our year always starts off with a bang on January 1st as we celebrate Jayda's birthday. Her 4th birthday we went ice skating in Rapid and she thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, it may be hard to top, since she still asks if we can do that every year for her birthday.
I spent most of January recovering from my breast reduction surgery and getting back to full speed. Thankfully I had a lot of help and it wasn't long before I could lift my baby girl again.
Jed had a much better year in the calving department. Our weather was better at the right times and we suffered minimal losses. We also got rain at the right time, providing one of the best hay crops we've seen since we've been up here. Which by the way has already been 6 years in August.
In May I FINALLY achieved a long time goal of graduating college. What a special day that was for me and all of the special people in my life that helped me along the way. I cherish the picture I have of Jayda hugging me in my cap and gown. Even a 4 year old was aware of the accomplishment we had ALL achieved that day.
You may remember a list of goals I shared back in February. Here it is again encase you forgot, (or missed it!)
1. Graduate College
2. Set a budget and stick to it
3. Pay down credit card debt
4. Lose 30 pounds
5. Go to church
http://tjseim.blogspot.com/2010/02/putting-it-in-writing.html
I'm incredibly happy to report that number 1 is checked off the list. Number 2 is in the process. Number 3 is also a work in process, but we are succeeding. Number 4, I am HALF way to achieving! If I had realistically committed to that goal back in February when I made it, I think I could have checked it off the list. I started my weight loss mission the end of September and will finish off the year with 15 pounds lost. Number 5 continues to be a work in progress as well. We tried a few churches back in February and March, but didn't seem to find what we were searching for. Then calving season started and Paisley became more mobile, so we opted for staying home. We'll be re-adding that to our list for this year.
Now onto the rest of the year.
In June Taylor graduated for high school. A very proud moment for all of her family and friends that have fought to keep her on track! We also attended Sawyers graduation in Mobridge and tried to catch as many high school rodeos as we could.
In July we snuck away to Belle Fourche for Justin and Jo's wedding. It was an enjoyable weekend gathering for the Seim crew. We also celebrated Paisley's 1st birthday along with my Dad's birthday in Spearfish park.
In September I got to go to St Louis for a work conference. Enjoyed a week away from the "real world."
October took us to Bismarck for our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch. A tradition I'd like to continue for years to come.
In November I turned 29 and Jed hit the big 3-0 a week later. We also sold calves and he aged another 10 years! We had an exceptional year, and decided to celebrate by going to Las Vegas for the NFR. It was our first trip together (alone) since our honeymoon in Jackson Hole back in 2003! We had a great time there, and got to see what all the fuss was about!
December brought a month of planning and preparation for my aunt Jennifer's wedding. After the whirlwind of Christmas Eve, and Christmas celebrations, we switched to wedding mode, full speed ahead. Jayda fulfilled a life long dream and was able to be a flower girl. The wedding was beautiful as well as the union formed.
Now here we are, December 31st. I'm finishing up wrapping a few gifts for Jayda's birthday tomorrow and reflecting on the year we've had. Here's to 2011 and another year of success, surprises and more than likely...snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment