Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Vegas part 2

Day 2, continued   Tuesday

We had big plans for heading to "Cowboy Christmas," and getting our "shop" on. So we headed for the information desk to get a map of the strip and find out exactly what direction we needed to go. Somehow we got intercepted by a lady offering "free show tickets." While I generally love the word "free," and feel the need to at least hear her out, we should have RAN at this point. We did not run. We listened, and listened and got talked into going to a new time share development for a tour. The nice lady told us, Cowboy Christmas was right next to the time share and we could walk over there and shop after our tour, then get back on their bus and come back. I'm thinking, Cool! Free ride and free tickets. Sure I'll donate 2 hours of my time.

Well turns out the only show on her list I'd want to see what sold out, big surprise! So we got our $40 back (yeah nothing is ever free) and cancelled the whole deal. I looked at her map and she had circled South Point hotel as the location of Cowboy Christmas. So we got on the city bus and head for south point. About an hour later, 22 bus stops and a bus depot experience, we finally made it to South Point. Which I'd like to point out, is NOT where Cowboy Christmas is. They did have a gift show, very similar to what you'd see at the Stock Show. And NRS's booth was there. And lots and lots of ropers.

Just not Stran Smith.

Unless he was hiding.

Anyway what was I talking about?

Oh yes, South Point. It was now 1pm and I was staaaaaarrving. My fruit parfait was not cutting it. This girl was hungry. So we grabbed a taxi and went to Outback. I've never had a better cheeseburger in my entire life. Actually I've never had a cheeseburger at Outback either. Yum.. I think I'll pause a moment and reflect on that burger. . . . . . .

Now I'm just hungry.

So we regrouped and remapped and I used my handy phone to get on the internet and find out the Cowboy Christmas is actually at the Convention Center at the opposite end of town. We found our city bus and took another lovely bus ride. Found Cowboy Christmas, but had to hoof it a mile to get there. Shopped, looked, gazed. And we're out.

No, it was pretty cool and lots of stuff I hadn't seen before. I found the cutest pair of hand painted cowboy boots for Jayda but they didn't have her size. Bummer. They were the neatest boots I've ever seen, and only $50. What a steal they were. They were even the brand that she usually wears. The lady said it was her last year doing them. Bummer again.

Next we went to the Stratosphere since we were on that end of the strip. Spent a lot of time there, went up to the very top and outside on the lookout. We weren't brave (crazy) enough to do the rides. Nor did we want to spend that much $$$ on them.

Walked the strip that evening and found PF Chang's. Again, either I was just incredibly hungry, or the food there was just incredibly good. Either way, it was GOOD. And I was HUNGRY. I'm so glad I married a man that loves Chinese food. That really should be on the requirement list when choosing a mate. Very important stuff here. A nice couple sitting next to us gave us a coupon for free lettuce wraps. Score, since I'd already ordered them! They were cow people too. Gotta love 'em.  Jed discovered $3 beers, so I told him to drink up. Considering they were $7 everywhere else, this was a heck of a deal. I had to stick to straight up cokes, Momma needed some caffeine running through my veins, big time.

People drinking outside and every where was probably the weirdest thing to get used to. You could take your beer or drink with you anywhere. Even a drink in a real glass. I kept wondering how they get them back, or how they sort the different glasses when they find them. Ponder that hmmm?

We walked through some hotels and a few stores, went back to our hotel and called it a night. We sort of felt like losers going to bed and not staying out all night. Smart losers though. We sure felt better in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment