Summer has officially begun for my wittle ones. Yesterday was the last day of pre-school for Paisley and 2nd grade for Jayda. I think Paisley would rather continue going to school every week, but Jayda is very happy for a break. I'm also quite excited for a break from the school mornings, school snacks, homework, baths and daily fixing of their hair! Tomorrow our summer nanny comes for her first day. Hopefully it isn't also her last day! We bought a trampoline a few weeks ago, but haven't had time or been home long enough to assemble it yet. Obviously the girls are begging for it to get set up. Hopefully it will bring hours of summer entertainment for them and keep my house free of their messes a little bit! I really wish I could figure out a way to make Jayda want to be less messy. It just doesn't phase her one bit to crawl into a bed filled with crackers and crayons.
We seem to NEED to have weekly deep cleanings of her room. I'm not talking pick up your dirty clothes or put them away, I'm talking DEEP clean. Once a week seems too much, but it's absolutely necessary. That kid refuses to use a garbage, I swear. Even after a few blowouts and breakdowns, I can't get her to put her dirty clothes in the hamper she is standing next to when she takes them off. Instead she stuffs them under her bed. Why??? Why would a person do that? She will glady put CLEAN clothes that she has no intention of wearing in the dirty hamper, but heaven forbid we put dirty ones in there. I keep reminding her that when we move into the other house, these shenanigans can not continue. I know we are cramped for space right now and we have filled our rooms to the max so that has to be part of the problem, right?
Anyway I'm working on a chore chart with some rewards for the summer. Hoping it will help them (and me). Any maybe our nanny is a clean freak and will help keep up with their daily messes.
Jayda's class had a "hobby" day at school. Before I left for Texas we had visited about what she might bring. Her and I had decided her breyer horses would be great. She, of course had to add a few more items. Like lip stick, lip gloss and chapstick. And jewelry. I mean everyone needs a collection of jewelry, right!
Paisley at her end of the year program with her wonderful teacher. Paisley was such a ham an her concert it was borderline embarrassing. She apparently thought she was the host of the evening and gave a little pre-song intro to several of their performances. It went something like, "oh, you guys are going to love this one!" Or, "This one is SOOOO funny!" What a goober.
And lastly, Jayda had her track and field play day. She didn't clean house with blue ribbons this year like she has in previous years, but still did great. She won her favorite 50 yard dash, so at least we know she's still fast. She also improved her softball throw to second place, so that's all that really matters! She's in the orange outfit.



No comments:
Post a Comment