So our Salt Lake trip was great. The girls soaked up every minute of cousin time they possible could. My sister and I really could not have planned our children's ages better, if we had tried. And since we didn't it always sort of amazes me that it worked out so perfect.
We had a bit of a panic attack on take off on the airplane. Jayda was not enjoying much of that. Then just as I thought we had overcome that part, the landing was even worse. I was a bit afraid she was going to squeeze the bejeeezus out of my hand. But, we made it. Had a great week and all too soon it was time get back on the airplane. Jayda was in tears the night before, not wanted to fly again. By morning she was a bit better. She again had
Since then we've just been busy with our day-to-day stuff. Days are longer and the sun found us finally. Jed doesn't come inside until after 7pm most evenings and it seems like it is past bedtime before we even get a chance to look at the clock. Work continues on the house, as does the waiting. The cabinet we had to re-order due to an error by Kraftmade, should be here by Monday. Hopefully it is! Then our countertop template can be done, then we can wait some more for the granite to come in.
After installing the flooring in our bedroom, we both were having some major second thoughts on the color choice. It is pretty dark and was showing every footstep, every dust particle and so on. We decided to return the garage full of the rest of it (50 packages to be exact) and get a different product to finish the living area, dining and kitchen. I'm very thankful we did, as the new stuff is much better. The living room is done, so just the dining and kitchen are left for flooring!
I got a wild urge to finish the bathroom wall tile myself one night and got out the grout bucket. I've never put grout in, but thought it couldn't be too difficult. A few youtube videos later and I was grouting! It really isn't that hard and it's DONE!
Other than the countertops and flooring, we have a few faucets to install, doors, and lights in the bedrooms. Jed has been too busy calving to really focus much on the house lately but tries to get a few small things done each day. As of right now and largely dependent on countertops, I am hoping by the end of May we are moving in. Setting dates has bit me in the ass before, but it's about the only question people seem to care about.
Good to hear the update, Tally! I've been wondering how things are going, but I knew you guys were busy calving. By the way, I care about more than just the date you think you'll be moving. But, thanks for answering that question because I was curious!! I hope it all comes together just the way you & Jed want it to. You both have and are working so hard on it. Hang in there. Love ya! --Jennifer
ReplyDelete