Rusty above, and the planks we walked to get across, below.Pictures courtesy of Julie Foster

Jayda and I finally got to come home last night! The water has went down and is running under the bridge again. The road is completely washed out, so it'll be a while before we will be driving back and forth, but Jed, Rusty and Justin rigged up some planks for us to walk across, so we're able to get across on foot. We were very happy to be home in our own beds with all our own belongings and of course Jed! He was happy to have some noise fill the house again and have his lil Jayda back. She went feeding with him this morning to check out all the new baby calves, and I got to blissfully sleep in! We've had some rain showers today, but nothing significant to cause any problems....yet!
Jed thought my belly had grown A LOT in the week we were gone. Obviously that's the nature of being pregnant, so I'm sure it has! The heartburn and swollen ankles have gotten worse this week, also indicating the progression of my pregnancy. My headaches have gotten less frequent so i'm very happy about that. Amazing how crabby a headache can make a person! We still haven't came up with any possible names. Jayda continues to say it should be Anna...and I still don't think so! Today marks the 24th week of my pregnancy, time continues to fly by pretty quickly.
Our good friends, Josie and Tony had their baby boy on Tuesday! They welcomed Kayl William into their adorable little family. We're so excited for them to start this chapter of their lives, and also excited for them to move back to South Dakota from Colorado so we can see them more often.
There is finally green grass outside and the weather for next week looks excellent! Amazing how green grass can lift the spirits! I bought Jayda her first box of icee's for the season. We broke into them today, signaling the official start of Spring/Summer at the Seim house! I've got 3 weeks left of classes for this semester then I'll jump back into summer classes for 4 weeks. Very excited to be 2/3 done! 1 year left!! Also had an eventful week at work with Tori resigning. There will be some pretty exciting changes being made in the next month that could mean good things to come for a lot of people..possibly myself. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.
No comments:
Post a Comment