We've had a rough start to our week at the Seim house, but hopefully the rest of it can turn around. Monday afternoon Jed and I both came down with a 24 hr bug that left us vomiting the night away. It was the kind that makes every muscle you didn't even know you had, ache. Even my ear hurt..not fun. Thankfully Jayda didn't get the bug and was able to entertain herself for the most part. I'm not sure which was worse, being sick, or Jed being sick as well. Why he must moan and groan all night long and chomp on freezie's as loudly as possible is unknown to me, but quite annoying. I'm still pretty achy today and looking forward to a prenatal massage I have scheduled for this weekend. This is the second round of the flu we've had this year, along with my morning sickness, I think I could do without having it again. Being an experienced vomitter is not something I recommend.
A lot of people are asking if we have names picked out, now that we know the gender. Unfortunately, no, we don't. Part of us hoping for this baby to be a boy was so we could name him after my grandpa that passed away this December. We found out I was pregnant the same week he died, so it seemed fitting to name this baby after him. I think that's also why I had such a strong feeling that it was a boy. It seemed as if God was taking one man out of our lives and adding another back in to somehow make sense of it all?! We're still trying to think of ways to honor his name through a baby girl. He always used to call Jayda, Zayda, so that name has crossed our minds. I'm just afraid its too close to Jayda and would be really annoying in the years to come. Any thoughts? Feel free to comment!
I've been struggling with headaches for several days in a row now. Not sure if its pregnancy related, or what the problem is. I drink plenty of water and generally a pop a day, so I don't think its for the lack of caffeine or hydration. Maybe my massage will work it out for me. Tylenol doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I'll be 23 weeks this weekend. The baby should weigh about 1 pound and is approximately 8 inches long. I'll try to post an ultrasound picture one of these days. They didn't turn out as good as Jayda's were. She gave us a friendly wave for a great photo op. She was bound to love having her picture taken!
This morning Jayda and I had quite the argument while watching Good Morning America. Hannah Montana was performing, then her dad came on to perform. She kept telling me that wasn't Hannah's dad, because his hair wasn't like that. Finally when he was done, they brought Miley back out and asked them some father/daughter questions so she finally gave in that IT WAS her dad and said, "Well...why did he change his hair?" Yes, she is 3! She also thought she had missed out on some late night snacking while Jed and I were sick. She came into our room the morning after we had been puking all night and saw our puke bucket and said, "HEY, were you guys eating popcorn in here last night?" Nothing gets past this girl!
what is your grandpas name?
ReplyDeleteJohn Walter Stovall
ReplyDelete