Summer seems to be slipping away too quickly. Why do the longest days go so fast, and the shortest days (winter) drag on so long? Explain that one?
Jayda has been in swimming lessons for the past two weeks, tomorrow is her last day (thankfully). Even she said she's getting tired of it. It is an hour long bus ride there and back, so I can't say I blame her. She broke her flip flops the beginning of last week so we ordered some from Justice since we weren't going to Rapid anytime soon. I snuck a new swimsuit and coverup in the order to surprise her. She was pretty excited when we got home last night to a package in the mail. And equally excited to try out the new suit. This year when we were shopping for suits she had told me she wanted a tankini style top to cover her tummy. So we found one and got it. Then after a "run thru the sprinkler" day at daycare she informed me that she wanted to try a bikini again. Her words, "Next time I get a swim suit can I try a bikini? Because Mary is kind of chubby like me and she wears one, and she doesn't care!" I don't classify either of them in the chubby category, but I'm not a huge fan of bikini's so we stuck with the tankini for the new one also!
Both girls have done well at t-ball. Paisley's attention span could use some work. A LOT of work! She's well known for being missing in action and being found in the concession stand, hanging out with Kaye. We she does play, she has fun and likes it. It's just keeping her on the field! Jayda's age group has done really well. Almost every player is hitting without a Tee. For a group of kids who have never played before, they are doing great. We have one more week and we'll wrap up the season. It's been fun, but I'll be glad to be done with it for the season! It was 95 degrees last night and trying to keep 20, 4 and 5 year olds going is getting harder!
Jed's still in the hayfield. They are about half done. Our house has seen zero progress since calving started, basically. Stay patient, stay patient. Keep telling myself that.
We had a great 4th of July at the lake with the Batie's and Taylor (and crew). I think everyone got more than enough sun, and we had more than enough food! By Saturday night we were all ready for our own beds so we packed up and called it good.
No comments:
Post a Comment