October updates
It's officially been a month since started our house project. Well a month since we got the check that allowed us to continue :)
At this point we have the log walls up, the second floor supports on the house section up and the second floor supports and floor above the garage done. Tomorrow we will pour the concrete in the garage. This weekend and next week we will get the second floor, plywood floor finished on the house section. Then they can start building the rear dormer that spans the length of the house and the two dormers on the front side of the house. Next is the roof rafters. Then plywood on top of those. Then tin on the roof. And then, and then and then! Of course the list goes on and on. But one step at a time progress is being made. And seen! I like the kind of progress that you can see!
I haven't ordered kitchen cabinets or bathroom cabinets yet. Getting that stuff set in stone is next on my list. As well as getting windows and doors ordered. I've had quotes done on the kitchen and have it all planned out, just need to decide who we are going to go with and finalize those plans.
So that's where are are with the house! If you want to know what we are up to on any given weekend, you can just about guess!
We also sold calves on Monday and tested cows on Tuesday. I think he's about done with cattle work and helping neighbors with theirs, for a while. Our calves looked great and we were able to sell them privately this year. Which means I didn't have to listen to Jed cry and stress out for a 3 week time period. Life is GOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment