The end of the month is getting closer, I suppose it's time for a house update. Some days the progress seems very slow, and other days it seems like we are finally getting somewhere! Most days I wish I was a man(not really) but at least had the strength and building abilities to be more help. I keep telling myself, my time will come (to do my part). The garage floor was poured several weeks ago. Jed was pretty stressed out about that project, but it turned out fine. Next they got the roof up (yay)!! One dormer is done and the gable ends are done now too. Just one dormer left. It is the one that is open to the living room below, so he has to get some more scaffolding to reach it.
We have all of our windows and doors ready to be put it. I'm pretty excited to see those go in! Just to make it look real! Still need to get steel on the roof and garage doors. We are trying to do a lot of things local, but sometimes these local businesses need a real wake up call. I will not beg for their service. Either they perform or they lose my business. Sorry, but they act like there are no other options, and YES...there are.
Still debating on the kitchen, counter tops and bathroom cabinets. Don't have those set in stone yet, but are getting closer. We do have some flooring picked out and feel good about those choices!
Oh and if anyone wants to haul hay for Jed, you're hired!
No comments:
Post a Comment