Sunday, May 6, 2012

What I do

I just realized I forgot to share my big news regarding my office space! How could I leave out such an exciting occurrence?! I finally got to move into my very own, brand new office! Yay! It is a bit on the small side, but it works and I'm very grateful.

Don't get me wrong, I adored my old office roomies, but just the privacy alone, is SOOO nice! Oh and we all have our own A/C and heating units, so I get to set MY own temperature. Super nice feature. About 5 years ago they added on to our building, and this was the next phase of the ultimate plan..to update the original part of the building.

I actually thought I would miss the chit chat with my two roommates, but so far...I really haven't. I can be on the phone and not feel like my every word is being listened to. Whether it really was or not. And it finally feels like I'm no longer a part of the accounting group, since I'm not in their space anymore. I'm sure they all appreciate my departure, so they can discuss accounting business that I shouldn't be hearing either.

And in case you were wondering what it is I do in my new job, last week was a pretty good example. I got to take a safety demonstration to the local schools, along with a lineman and teach little kids about electric safety. Public speaking is not one of my favorite things, but talking to the little kids is actually quite enjoyable. Then I got to work on a design for our annual report book, hunted down a lineman and made him climb a pole so I could get some good pictures. This is the FUN stuff!

This week I get to take pictures of the staff and employees and also go to Newell for a Farm and Home Show. Later in the week, go to Buffalo and award a senior a scholarship! Busy week! So that's a little glimpse into the things I'm doing nowadays. The more time out of the office, the better. Even with a new office! I'm enjoying getting out and not stuck in the confines of the same old routine. Every day is different and every month we tackle new projects. Loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment