Thursday, January 12, 2012

Shred

hey there blog friends.

I must be "over" the whole blog thing. Just can't get myself motivated to post much anymore. ... sorry about that.

Although last night when I was doing my new workout video, "30 day shred," and Paisley was working out beside me, I giggled and thought, "Now this is blog worthy."

There's something incredibly adorable about a 2 year old in a squat position doing arm pullbacks with 2 pound weights. I wish I had it on video. She had perfect form.

I've survived 6 days so far of the "shred." The second day was probably the hardest because I was so incredibly sore, I was certain there was a mistake and there had to be a rest and recoup phase to this program. But I worked through it and thankfully it DOES get easier.

I was also freaking out a bit the first 3 or 4 days because I kept gaining weight..big time. like 6 pounds. Then I did some research and other people who started the shred also reported gaining a lot of "water weight" the first 10 or so days. Apparently when your muscles repair they hold more water. As they heal, they shed the water. Yesterday I had to travel to Vale, 100 some miles away....my muscles chose that day to shed the water. Thanks muscles. Wow did I have to go. So today, I was happy to see I was back down those 6 crazy pounds and back on track.

That's what I'm up to! Shredding...and shedding

1 comment:

  1. Oh I remember my second day of 30 day shred!! I could barely walk down the stairs!

    ReplyDelete