

This past weekend I put these expressions up in Jayda and Paisley's rooms. I think they turned out pretty cute. Jayda's is a little hard to see, but the colors matched her room perfectly. She wasn't too impressed, neither was Paisley! I'm getting everything ready for a weekend in Rapid. Trying to get ahead on all my school work so I won't have to worry about it while I'm down there. Then there's laundry and all the other daily stuff to get going before the weekend hits. Amazing how adding one tiny person to your family can make such a drastic change to the laundry load.
It's also crazy how different having a second child is, than having the first. It's been a whole different experience all around than Jayda was. As most of you know who read this, we did not "plan" for Jayda nor expect her. So from the very beginning, every emotion and feeling has been different. Jed and I both experienced a lot more fear and anxiety with Jayda and the idea of having a child took a while to sink in. With Paisley we did "plan" for her so those initial reactions to finding out she was on her way, were a bit more joyous. Not to say we weren't happy to be expecting Jayda, she just took us by surprise, much like she continues to do still to this day. She's our little firecracker, bursting onto the scene at all times. Watching Jayda grow and change her first year of life seemed to go so slowly and we wondered if we would ever be done feeding bottles and mushed up food. Now I can't believe we only have 9 months left of bottle feedings with Paisley. It seems like it's already slipping away. Just as getting up in the middle of the night seemed like a never ending ordeal, when it was really only 3 months with Jayda. Now Paisley is sleeping all night and I think to myself, "sheesh, how did that go so quickly."
I'm anxious to see the personality that Paisley develops and anxious to see if she begins to look more like Jayda, but also very willing to be patient and cuddle my little baby as long as I possibly can!
No comments:
Post a Comment