Monday, May 4, 2009

The power of prayer


May finally arrived and brought some warmer weather with it. We were able to get outside and enjoy some much needed sunshine this weekend. Sunday we all went to Lemmon for lunch, then took Jayda to the park and out for ice cream afterwards. We've been trying to do something "family" orientated each weekend and something fun for Jayda. I've promised her we will ride the 1880 train in Hill City this summer, she has been begging to ride a train for about a year now. We missed Thomas the Train last summer, but even she was ok with that. Not real big into Thomas, but sure loves trains! I was asking her what she is going to get me for Mother's Day, and she quite matter of factly said, "well maybe I'm gonna get you a really cute little elephant." No idea where that came from, but it made us laugh anyway! Then she was trying to understand what Mother's Day was, and kept asking me if it was my birthday. I tried to explain that it's just a day that you should be extra nice to your mommy. Then she told me she couldn't find mother's day.....nice, thanks Jayda!

I had a Dr apt on Friday, which I figured we be the normal pee in a cup kind of appointment. However my Dr. told me they found a few questionable things on my ultrasound I had at 22 weeks, and she made an appointment for me to have a level 2 ultrasound in Rapid in 2 weeks with a specialist, to hopefully rule out any possible problems. Jed and I had a period of confusion and worry, but we are better now. We know we have to put our trust in God and allow him to take the worry from our hearts. Everything else at the appointment went well and no other surprises. I'm measuring 26 weeks, right on track and the heartbeat is normal. I had blood drawn to test my glucose tolerance and will hear back from them if anything was abnormal there.

Jayda continues to hug and kiss my belly before I leave for work in the morning and before she goes to bed at night. She also continues to remind me, "that baby is going to be soooo cute!" She was out helping Jed fence yesterday so I could work on a final paper in peace. He said she drug a fence post to the pickup all by herself and told him, "Daddy, I'm gonna be a good helper when I turn into a big sister." I think she already is!! Her newest phrase is "of course." Every time I ask her if she wants some water for supper or wants to go outside, she replies, "of course I do."

No pictures to post this time. It's been a busy week and this week is looking the same. I have 2 10-12 page papers to write and 2 finals left to take to finish up this semester. As enjoyable as it is to be done with another semester, sometimes it's also nice to have school to distract me from worrying about other things.

My mom came up with a cute name to honor my grandpa. She knows a girl named Jonee (pronounced Johnny), and suggested using that for our little girl. I actually like it, and will run it by Jed tonight. He carries the big red X that denies most of my name suggestions, but I think he might actually like this one. I have started to like Paisley more and more also and have been pushing for that one. Jayda's suggestion of the week is Angelina Balerina....Uhm NO! I'll put the X on that one!

In closing, please say a few extra prayers for us during these next few weeks for a healthy baby. We appreciate them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment