The minute she came in crying and I looked at her arm my stomach sank. I knew it was broken from the odd bow shape it had. I reallly reallllllly wanted it to not be broken and kept telling myself...well maybe it's not. But knowing it was. Since it was almost 9pm we decided to wait until morning to go in for x-rays. Thankfully she really wasn't in a lot of pain and she was OK with going to bed and checking it out in the morning. If course I didn't tell her it was definitely broken. I wanted her to get some sleep that night.
Thursday morning we came into Bison for an xray right away in the morning and they confirmed with the first X-ray it was very broken....30 degrees out of line.. So we headed to our favorite hang out in Rapid, Black Hills Orthopedic to see the next doctor. By this time she was really freaking out. She clearly heard the PA say..."yeah they do a lot with pins and screws these days.." yeah shut up dude, you're not helping here! The entire way to Rapid she was freaking out about what they might do and wanting answers that I just couldn't answer at that point.
We made it to the next appointment where the Doctor took once glance at the x-ray and said he would schedule her for Friday for surgery and two pins would be needed to fix the breaks. Cue next hyperventilating session....
She was thankful the surgery wouldn't be that day and she would have the entire evening to stress herself out. Oy..what a night we had!
After her appointment we went to eat Chinese, as requested by Jayda. Then I took her to Justice for a little retail therapy and let her pick out a few things that I normally would have said no to. Then we went to my parents
I do think she conquered a lot of her nerves and fears and believe all the people praying for her to find peace in her heart really did help. She text Jed that morning and said, "I can do this." Kind of brings a tear to my eye! The surgery went fast, they gave her gas then put the IV in. The nurses and doctors were very good to her and eased a lot of her fears. She didn't believe that she wouldn't feel ANYTHING! She came out of the anesthesia pretty crabby, but recovered more quickly than Paisley did last year.
We did receive the unfortunate news that the pins will have to be removed. Paisley broke that news to her at supper Friday night. Cue another round of anxiety.
She woke up Saturday with a fresh attitude and feeling much better. She's doing really well this week and attending a bible school to keep her mind off her troubles. We go back for a check up on Monday to see how it is healing!
No comments:
Post a Comment