Twice in one month. Whoa..getting carried away now, aren't we?!
It seems like the only time I feel like writing is when I'm on another weight loss journey, which I, in fact am. Except this time I really don't feel like talking about it. I've used this blog many times to keep myself accountable and to use as a motivational tool, but I'm just not feeling it this time. I know that it works to my advantage to let people know that I'm trying to cut some pounds, but I feel like doing it quietly this time. Just do my own thing, get results and maybe blab all about it later? Make sense? Or maybe I'm just tired of the rinse and repeat cycle we seem to be on.
Since the first of the year, the whole fam (minus Paisley) has been working towards a healthier lifestyle. Paisley already has that covered. She loves all things healthy and reaches for carrots or apples without a second thought. The rest of us...not so much.
Jayda started taking a fresh fruit with her to school every day, instead of eating whatever the rest of the class brought for snack time. So far it is going very well and she is doing great. Last week she admitted that one day she really wanted the snack that was brought so she did..and I think that is ok. We all have those moments. The real goal is moderation, not completely removing food groups. She also quit going back for seconds at lunch time. A habit that I was not aware that she did EVERY day. I admire her will power on this one. She says she has not went back once for a second serving since the new year began. So far she has lost 2 pounds. For a growing kid, I think that's pretty amazing. We set a small goal of 5 pounds, which I think is attainable. After that I won't push for more, just maintaining. Of course with a 9 year old, their bodies are constantly changing. I don't think it's fair to expect her to continue to cut weight. I can tell her tummy is shrinking and even she said her pants were looser and more comfortable. That is our goal!
Our suppers are being modified to low carb as often as we can, but not 100% of the time. Last night we made taco meat. Jed and I had ours on lettuce (taco salad), Jayda had hers on a shell and Paisley had hers alone with cheese. If we all ate like Paisley, we would probably be 30 pounds lighter. Although she does love her cheese and cheeseballs :)
Jed and I are supplementing with a product called Thrive. If you haven't heard of it, you either don't have facebook or you only have 3 friends. This stuff is being sold by EVERYONE. We've chosen to not be real vocal about it and aren't trying to sell the stuff, rather try it and see if it really makes us feel better. It's just a vitamin in the morning, a shake 30 minutes later and a patch you wear on your body. It is intended to supply you with the vitamins and nutrients your diet is not providing, and also contains appetite suppressants.
I've been on it a week now and lost 3 pounds. I could tell a difference in appetite the very first day and continue to feel less hungry each day. I haven't felt a boost in energy yet, but I have also been battling a cold/sore throat so that might just be my body.
If you feel inclined to learn more about thrive, my site is http://tjseim81.le-vel.com/
Again, no pressure to buy, just for your curiosity. I have seen many people promoting it as completely natural, which is not true. The shake mix contains sucralose. So that irritates me a bit. But I do think the vitamins are a decent addition to our daily routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment