Thursday, September 4, 2014

Back to School

If I could find a way to link instagram to this blog, it would sure see a lot more action! So obviously since my last post was in July, a lot has gone on since.

Paisley got her cast off and graduated into a walking boot. She refused to walk for two days following the cast removal. Finally started walking in the boot and kept it on for about 10 days before I convinced her to walk from her room to the bathroom without it on. Remarkably, she did it and discovered it was possible and didn't even hurt that much! Since then she's slowing been gaining strength in her leg but still really favors it and walks with a very noticable limp. Next week I'm taking her back to the Orthopedic doctor to take a look and then to a chiropractor to see if her hips need realigned. It really slows her down and she can barely break into a jog...a month later. Maybe I'm being impatient, but I just don't want this new walk of hers to become a habit.

We had a big first day of school on August 25th with BOTH girls now in school. Both Jayda and Paisley were very excited and still get up fairly easy in the morning, anxious to see what the day holds. A few funny conversations....

Jayda said the first day at lunch, Paisley took a whole handful of carrots then her teacher made her eat them all and told her next time to not take so many!

This week Paisley said to Jayda, "I waved at you in the lunchroom, why didn't you wave back?" Awwwww....

Paisley said all the kids ran down the hallway to recess and left her behind....but then they all got in trouble for running!

Looking forward to a fun school year and lots of new experiences!


No comments:

Post a Comment