Monday, June 17, 2013

End of May, beginning of June recap

Gosh, it's been almost a month since I posted anything! Gah, how does that happen? Sorry! So since my last post, Jayda has completed 1st grade and summer officially began in her world. She's pretty sure that being 7 and going to day care is completely lame. And I don't blame her, but I'm sorry Jayda Potayta, that's just the way it is! She's spent a few days hanging out with dad rather than going to day care, but that seems to make my house super dirty and our snack stock really low. She started summer school a few weeks ago, after complaining about how much she didn't want to go, after the first session, she admitted it was actually fun. Yes..those were her words, fun! It's only 1 hour on Wednesdays and Thursday, so it's not like I'm sucking the fun out of her entire summer. Plus she will go this week and next week, then have a 3 week break for the 4th of July (can't wait!) followed by 2 weeks of swimming lessons.

My friend Charity and I started a t-ball program for the Bison kids and it kicked off a couple weeks ago. The first practice was utter chaos! Seriously, I was wishing I had a whistle. 36 kids and very few adults was a bit more than I was expecting. So we came up with a better plan for the 2nd practice and everything went much better. We will do one more practice then start games, which should be much easier also! Paisley is playing too, although after each practice she has told me that she doesn't think she's very good! She would also like to spend more time in the concession stand than on the field, but who can blame her?

Since my last post, we've had the cattle drive and survived another branding. Jayda got to ride most of the cattle drive and Paisley did not. She was not too happy about that and we heard about it, the entire 3 days! Life is so rough when you're 3!

We haven't been to the lake yet, at this rate it's looking like the 4th of July will be our first lake day. We are looking forward to 4 days of camping and hitting the lake hard! The Batie's, Taylor and possibly my parents are joining us and whoever else stops by!

Here are a few pictures for ya!














No comments:

Post a Comment